When I don't want to move my car
- The Silsden Reservoir Walk, 5.5 miles footpath through our yard.
- Stefano’s Italian Restaurant 1.5 miles downhill, taxi home.
If I want to drive 15 minutes
- Ilkley for shopping The Moody Cow Restaurant and Betty’s Tearooms, Andrew Hartley’s saleroom
- Addingham for the first stage of The Dales Way and The Fleece Pub
- Bolton Abbey just because!
- Skipton for shopping and its very cute town centre Castle
- East Riddlesden Hall
- Luby's tearoom, Cross Hills book them first then see if I have a room
If I want to drive 25-35 minutes
- Haworth and the Bronte Parsonage
- Harrogate and Betty’s-Two to choose from, one even attached RHS Harlow Carr to those beautiful spaces reserved for people who don't keep sheep, gardens I think they are called!
- Grassington and then The Fountaine Inn at Linton
- Boundary Mills, Colne
If I fancy a day off 45 minutes -1 hour in the car
- Malham Cove and Aireton tearooms
- York and it's amazing minster
- Fountains Abbey, Studley Royal and Brimham Rocks
- Hawes and The Wensleydale Cheese Factory
- The stunning Forest of Bowland
If I win the lottery
- Andrew Hartley’s Fine Arts Sale, followed by The Box Tree
- The Devonshire Arms Spa followed by The Burlington Restaurant
- Trike tour of the Dales finishing at The Angel at Hetton
- Betty’s Cookery School
- The Yorkshire Clinic is just down the road!